Nature is a wonderful gift which we enjoy every day at Yarra Valley Estate. With Spring unfolding before so are the colours in the garden. One of the first flowers to bloom is my favourite; the Daffodil. This humble flower symbolises new beginnings, creativity, hope, inspiration and inner reflection.
Flowers have several benefits including increasing psychological state of mind, boosting energy levels and improving air quality. They also have a positive benefit within the workplace, enhancing cognitive performance, productivity, creativity and problem solving.
We are often distracted with the day to day grind, life is always so busy and many of us find ourselves wondering where did the year go! The daffodil can remind us to be present in the moment, take some time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.
Daffodils are so easy to grow! Pop some bulbs in the ground in autumn, and you’re done. They will ‘pop up’ year after year to delight you, plant all over the your garden and even around grasses bases of trees.
- Suited to cooler climates, Victoria provides perfect conditions
- Daffodils like full-sun or part-shade
- They can either be planted in pots or throughout the garden
- Plant depth is around 12cm and spacing between 10–15cm apart
- Flowers bloom from mid winter well into spring